This is a past event. Click here to access the recording of the live workshop!
Ending the Blame – Defence Cycle
Who is the workshop for?
- Are you tired of your partner reacting defensively to you?
- Do you often walk away feeling unheard, misunderstood, and unsupported?
- Are you tired of feeling blamed or under attack?
- Have you been feeling hurt and disconnected?
- Are you entering arguments without any resolution at the end?
If you answered “yes!” to these questions and you’re tired of conversations becoming heated with no resolution, this workshop is for you. Like many of the couples I see in my practice, you are stuck in a vicious cycle of blame and defence. This type of communication pattern is prevalent among couples of all types, and especially among couples who are either expecting, postpartum, or those with small children.
If you’re wondering why you are stuck in this negative communication cycle, please take a moment to extend compassion to yourself. You are in a chapter of your life which can be riddled with challenges as you learn to become parents and co-parents while still being romantic partners. Not to mention, with the demands of parenthood, it is natural to be low on patience, tired, sleep-deprived, and at your wits end on some days. It is also a time of your life when you are trying to balance meeting your child(ren)’s needs, your partner’s needs, and your own needs…and it is not easy! For these reasons, it is natural that your communication may suffer.
What can you expect in this 90-minute live online workshop?
- Introduction to the blame-defence cycle
- Understanding what is REALLY happening in the cycle
- Practical tips where I show you step-by-step how to approach conversations with each other, how to express yourselves so you both feel heard and understood, how to respond when either of you is feeling triggered, what to say or do if things become heated, and how to reach a resolution
- Demonstrate application of the tips and show you how to have a healthier, more productive conversation (I will ask for you to share a scenario privately if you’re comfortable!)
- Q&A where I provide further clarification and address your most burning questions